- 1/2 bag your favorite tortilla chips
- 1 lb Wellborn 2R Ground Beef
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed – divided
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ancho chile powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 2/3 cup picante sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk – divided
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated – (pre shredded cheese will work, but has a tendency to not melt as well)
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and finely minced
- 1/4 cup Mexican Crema – (Cacique brand works well)
- 1-2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, freshly chopped
- remaining 1/2 jalapeno, sliced into rings
- lime slices or wedges
- Spray large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over MED-HIGH heat. Add ground beef and cook about 5-7 minutes, using a wooden spoon or potato masher to crumble finely. Drain if needed.
- Return pan to heat, add cooked beef back to skillet. Add chili powder, Chile powder, and cumin, stirring to combine.
- Add half the black beans to pan and use a potato masher to mash them in with the beef. Stir in picante sauce. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- To a small bowl, add cornstarch and 1/4 cup evaporated milk. Whisk to combine. Pour remaining evaporated milk into a small saucepan and heat over MED until simmering.
- Add cornstarch mixture, whisk to combine. Sprinkle in grated cheese and minced jalapeño and stir until melted and smooth, about 2 minutes.
- In a sheet pan with sides, layer chips, beef mixture, remaining black beans, and mozzarella cheese. Broil on HIGH for a minute or until cheese is melty.
- Drizzle with cheese sauce and Mexican crema. Top with desired garnishes and serve hot.