- 1 lb Wellborn 2R ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 (15 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 cup elbow macaroni pasta, cooked measured before cooking
- grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
NOTE: Add in additional veggies your family enjoys! Green peppers, diced tomatoes or mushrooms would all be great additions.
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, brown beef along with onion and garlic.
- Drain excess grease.
- Stir in tomatoes (with juices) and tomato sauce.
- Season with sugar, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Then add in cooked pasta and stir.
- Allow to simmer for another 5 minutes then serve.
- Sprinkle with a little grated Parmesan cheese.
Serve with garlic bread and a fresh green salad.